Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What is that....oh, It's the baby kicking finally!

I am now 20 weeks and getting bigger by the minute! The baby went from never being felt to doing flips in my tummy this past week! Baby D is active all times of day now!! At first it was only at night and I was a little worried I was going to have a night owl (which I am not at all)! Todd hasn't been able to feel it but hopefully he will soon! It is the greatest feeling.

I had an appointment this morning and got to see our little ANGEL........Here is the sonogram I got! So big compared to the first sonogram. The heart beat this time was 154 bpm. The nurse said that he/she weights approx. 11 1/2 oz and is 8 3/4 in. long. Below are two of the pictures I got. One is of the whole body and the other is the baby smiling at us! If we wanted to find out the sex, we wouldn't have been able to today because the baby was curled up so tight with all the goodies hidden! We go back on November 11th! They really do need to make appointments closer together. A month is WAY too long for me to wait in anticipation. Even if it is to hear the little one's heart beat!

Below is a picture of the growing tummy for those of you I don't see on a regular basis. It's amazing how clothes fit one week and the next week they are a little tight! At least I have an excuse...BABY! It was early in the morning when the picture was taken so I wasn't awake yet!

We bought our first big baby item this past weekend. Thanks to a good friend, we were able to get a toddler car seat at a really good price! A little ahead of ourselves because we haven't even gotten our infant car seat but I couldn't pass it up. The only thing we have left to pick out is the furniture. Hopefully it will be quick and painless and NOT back ordered!

I got a really neat book in the mail from my mother-in-law a few weeks ago..it has been a great guide to buying baby stuff. Every mother should have it or read it at least!

Around 28 weeks (Christmas), Todd and I are going to have a 3D Sonogram done and we won't even find out the sex! Exciting for me and a bummer for some of you dying to know. I just love technology (sometimes)! We are going to have both of our parents there to share in this neat event! We even get a video to show the baby later and color sonograms! So Cool!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, We could see the spine, legs, and head. Going to be a big (long) baby we think. You are looking good though.
    Glad you enjoyed the book and hope it will help in many ways.
    You two take care of each other and enjoy these wonderful times of preparing for the added joy in your married life.
    Happy Anniversay a few days early.
    We love you all very much.
    Mom and Dad Dehls

    ReplyDelete