Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Month 5: Turning a new leaf

Parker has been growing so much this past month. I can't believe how time flys. These are some of the things going on:

1. Rolling over (from front to back) all the time now

2. Eating prunes, pears, green beans and carrots...he started saying 'ummm' with every bit he took tonight!

3. Wants to sit up all the time..if you hold his feet down and give him very little help, he can sit up and stay sitting up by himself unless distracted. He concentrates very hard when he sitting up!

4. The gnawing of the thumb for teething has turned into sucking of the thumb at bed time

5. He will be moving into his 6-9 month clothes this weekend

6. He weighed 15 lbs 15 oz on June 28th

7. Moving into size 3 diapers this weekend

8. He laughed out load for the first time on the 28th...he has giggled before but Parker and Todd were playing when he got home from work and he let out a laugh I had never heard before...too cute!

9. He is getting his knees under him and rocking back and forth...I am not ready for him to crawl yet.


Parker is a growing boy and growing too fast. It made me sad to see how big he looked in the mirror as I held him putting him to bed the other night. I can remember when his little butt was so close to my shoulder and could be held with my hand....as Kris and I recalled on the phone today. Although we are always looking for the next milestone, it makes me sad he is growing so fast.

1 comment:

  1. And time will continue to fly. Cherish every moment!!!!! I wish I'd had taken the time to absorb more of my children's baby years. I think that is one of the reasons God gave us grandchildren.
    He is growing way too fast and is a very alert baby. He doesn't miss a trick and picks up on everything.
    Glad things are going so well for your baby and your family.
    WE love you all
    Nana and GaGA

    ReplyDelete