Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Eventful Weekend

We had a fun but eventful weekend. It started off with Parker pulling my straightener off the bathroom counter and burning himself on the pinkie just as Todd and I are about to leave for dinner. He quickly calmed down but it looked pretty bad. We left Parker at home with a babysitter. Ms. Bethany did great with him and she loved him. We went to dinner at Joe T's for Todd's 40th Surprise Birthday Party!!! He was surprised and was able to enjoy the evening with great family and great friends! The next morning, Parker and I dropped Todd off at work (because I have another flat tire..ugh!) and headed to the March of Dimes walk at Ferrington Field. We met up with a friend and Parker's girlfriend Ella and several other people where we walked to honor Baby Camden. Camden was born at only 1 lb 7 oz and 17 in and is doing great now at 7 mo! It's amazing what miracles these hospitals work. We walked 3.1 miles and this prego mama felt every mile of it. We were exhausted and in need of a nap and so that's exactly what Parker and I did before taking my car to get the tire fixed. Did I mention...Parker wanted to go on a wagon ride before we went to Discount Tire and again after we got home. I am pretty sure I walked 10 miles that day! We were so excited to go pick dada up and spend the evening grilling out. I love these time together as a family. We were all exhausted that night. The next day Todd was off and we took Parker to get blue bonnet pictures which didn't turn out too good due to the gusty winds and then we went downtown Fort Worth for the Main Street Art Festival. We love people watching and eating the yummy food. Overall, it was a great weekend and family filled which is so very important.


Ella and Parker getting ready to go walking...

Blue Bonnet pictures...






Chowing down on a funnel cake at the Main Street Arts Festival...
Parker went to the doctor which was also eventful. After Todd and Parker waiting over an hour, they were finally called back and I was fuming. Parker's burned that I originally thought wasn't so bad ended up being a third degree burn. His had was scrubbed clean, medicated and now wrapped in gauze and a sock which goes all the way up to his shoulder. He can't stand it..pulling and biting at it all the time. Tonight I cried till he fell asleep because he couldn't suck his thumb to sooth him self. I am emotionally drained today from all the guilt of this happening to him. Todd and I will have to clean and wrap it once a day to help prevent infection. The doctor says if it looks better by Thursday then the sock and gauze can come off. I sure hope my baby gets better soon.Parker's finger on Saturday...On the way to the Dr...After the Dr with the sock on his arm...Taking a bath with it covered because it can't be submerged in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment