Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas 2012

What a relaxing carefree Christmas it was this year. I felt no stress about the presents, the food, the guests. It is what it is and I know I did my best so I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy it. It was the attitude I had to take otherwise I know that it can consume you and make you miserable. The holidays aren't about those things anyways, they are about being with your family and Jesus' birth.

HE IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!

Christmas celebration number one started the Saturday before Christmas at my parents. We do what we always do best...eat and hang out enjoying each others company. The kids all loved their gifts and were very anxious to open everything right then!

The next day was Christmas Eve. We had Larry, Reba and Craig's family over for lunch and presents. It was great to see Craig as we don't see him often and I know he enjoyed the time with his dad and brother. We were so glad that Larry and Reba were able to stick around till Christmas Day. We all enjoyed a Beautiful Christmas Eve service that night at our church and then they stayed at my parents that night.

Christmas morning was here. I know Parker was over excited and very anxious to find out if Santa was going to brig him the trampoline he asked Santa for. Of course Austin was up bright and early but Parker wasn't of all mornings! He finally woke up about 7:30 and with much excitement walked into the living room and asked "Where's my trampoline?" Are you kidding me!! Look at all the gifts under the tree!! We told him that Santa left a letter on the tree but we would open that last. With much attitude he opened gifts. I was not happy with him one bit as he could care less about all the things I was so excited to get him. We finally read him the note from Santa which led him to the trampoline and a play house in the backyard for him and Austin. He was very excited. Unfortunelty he has only got to jump on it once since then because he hates cold weather and won't go outside because it's "too cold for him"!! The remaining day was spent having brunch at our house with my parents and Todd's, naps, watching the beautiful snow fall, games and chili. What a relaxing day and a fun time we had with my parents and sister that night playing games.

The forth and final Christmas was celebrated yesterday with my mom's side of the family at Kelly and CE's in Midlothian. Parker loved the cats they have! We had a great time eating the whole time and doing our annual gift exchange. No one ever agrees on how the game should be played or what kind of gift should be brought but it's all good fun!!

The boys are very spoiled after the the toys, clothes, books...they received. I have had to do a complete reorganization of both their rooms. I hope they enjoy all the neat new toys but most importantly I hope they grow up knowing that it's not all about the gifts but so much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment