Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Team Work

This week has been a true test of me and Todd's team work as parents. I returned to work at the office but only 3 days a week depending on Todd's schedule. Both Monday and today I had to be there at 7am which meant getting up at 5am with plenty of time to get my self ready and feed Parker. I would then return home by 2:30 to give Todd enough time to say "Hi, I love you...Bye". It has worked out great so far and has given Todd and Parker some quality time together. Parker has been great at transitioning after Todd feeding him a bottle while I am gone. I just so happened found bottles that have the soothie nipple on it much like the soothie pacifiers which he loves. I am one exhausted mama on the early days I have found out. I have fallen asleep in bed twice fully dressed holding Parker at night.


This past weekend was a little rough to say the least. Parker would scream every time you would put him down causing a tad bit of craziness for mama. Monday I decided to no longer give him the Prevacid because the Dr said it may be causing tummy aches. Tuesday was a great day again at the Dehls house. Parker seemed to be feeling much better (no more tummy aches). He didn't even scream when we went to the grocery store. It was like a light switch! He had another great day today even though he wouldn't nap for his daddy this morning but when he left for work Parker took several naps. Sorry daddy!
Now that Parker is back to his normal little self, he is back liking his toys again...his swing, bouncer...I even put him in his exersaucer today and he loved it! did I mention that he also sat in his highchair in desperation when mommy was trying to eat! It was new for him just long enough for me to eat!



Here are some pictures of him this past week..

My cousins...ok not for real but I love them to death!


Going for a walk in my new hat!!

I love being outside on the swing...sometimes I fall asleep sitting up!

1 comment:

  1. Parker is really growing. Sounds like you two have things going right for you and Parker. We are happy that things are going as well as they are.
    We hope to see you soon. Can't believe it has been since he was a week old when we saw him last.
    Have a great week.
    We love you three.
    Nana and GaGa

    ReplyDelete