Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Final Thanksgiving

Thursday morning; Todd, Parker and I traveled to Mount Pleasant, Texas for Thanksgiving with Todd's family. On the way we stopped and saw Aunt Frances and Walter. Frances had made Parker a cute knit hat for him to wear...especially since it was so so cold outside. At Todd's parents house there were lots of new faces for Parker to meet. He was passed from person to person with lots of loving from everyone! Denise, Lance, Amberlynn, David, Nana and Gaga all got extra time with him since we spent the night.
Parker doesn't do well in new places unfortunately for this mama. He wouldn't go to sleep unless Todd or I took him driving...so I found my self venturing through Mount Pleasant at the wee hours of the night just to get him to sleep. We even went to Ihop at 2am to meet Debbie and Linda after or Midnight Black Friday Shopping Spree at Wal Mart.

Parker was definitely in recover mode today. He took an hour nap this morning and a 2 hour nap this afternoon. He was so tired this morning that he fell asleep sitting up on the couch with Todd while I was fixing his bottle. My poor baby was pooped! Because he was napping this morning, he missed out on the first half of Jasmine's Birthday Party at McDonald's.

As Parker's bed time got closer, I got the gut feeling that he may have an ear infection but hope that I am wrong. He was becoming increasingly irritable, would barely take his bottle and tugging at his ear. I hope that it was continued tiredness from being out of town. We shall see what tomorrow will bring...

Overall, It was a GREAT 1st Thanksgiving for Parker. Being the happy baby that he is, he was a real trooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment