Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Boys

I love spending time with Parker and Austin and I get lots of it now days since I work from home. I am very grateful for this opportunity to have the best of both worlds although it can be stressful and trying at times. As you may have noticed, I am way behind on my blogs and playing catch up.


Parker is a growing boy but has become a bit of a difficult child. It must be the age. He is very set in what he wants, likes, doesn't want and doesn't like. He seems very fussy at times because he is either wanting attention or doesn't get what he wants. I know it is a stage and hopefully he will out grow it soon because it's driving this mama crazy! He still loves his brother. He makes sure and gives his kisses good night weather it be for nap or bed time!


Some of Parker's new words include spaghetti, Megan, Madeleine...he is attempting most words and making sounds of animals. Specifically using his arm as a trunk and making a sound like an elephant! He has also wanted to be a big helper all the time and very independent. He wants to turn things off and on (switches, dishwasher, washing machine), he is good at putting away and picking up his toys when asked and he has helped me cook spaghetti and brownies in the past week. I ask him if he wants to help me and he pulls up a chair and assists in the stirring. He gets so excited about it. I have loved sharing these moments with him and it has worked great because Austin has been asleep during this and he has gotten my full attention. Last night after we made brownies, we curled up on the couch to eat them and watch the end of Polar Express!!


So I finally though Austin was out growing the colic until last night. He had a rough time between 7:45 and 9:30...poor baby cried and cried forever. I'll take the one day out of 7 though. He was been holding up his head really well, recognizing faces, noticing his hands and sleeping really well. He pays a lot of attention when Parker is around watching his every move!


I love these boys to death and wouldn't change a thing. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful family.











No comments:

Post a Comment