Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Parker Wayne's Arrival

This past Saturday was me and Todd's last night together before the arrival of the baby. We chose to watch a movie and have a glass of wine. This is something we don't don't get to do very often but love to do together. We knew we wouldn't get much sleep that night and we didn't. Too much excitement in us!

Sunday, February 28th, I was to check into the hospital at 8am but arrived at 7:45am so we got a head start on the BIG event! We got taken to our room where we signed lots of papers and got all situated. At 8:20, my nurse Lisa started my IV of Pitocin. The process was very slow from there and at noon I was very anxious to have my water broken. Finally at about 12:30, Dr. Dickey came in and broke my water and the contractions began to intensify shortly after. By this time, my mom and dad, Todd's parents, Megan, Madeleine, and Meadow were at the hospital waiting patiently. At about 4pm, the pain was intensifying but I didn't want an epidural quite yet. The nurse gave me a mixture of 3 meds with one of them being a pain med. It made me feel very "LOOPY". By this time, Todd's brother Craig, Sister Denise My brother Ryan, his wife Jennifer and Autumn, and my friend Lauren had also made it to the hospital. I took a nice little nap with the pain meds!! At 6pm my contractions were at about a minute apart and were very strong. I finally gave in and got the epidural. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I was more scared than anything. It definitely numbed everything from the waist down...Thank goodness because the pain was unbearable. The epidural sped up the process and at 11:20pm I was finally at a 10!!!!!! The nurses wanted me to do some practice pushes but realized that it was too late for that and told the Dr to get in there immediately. I only pushed about 3 or 4 times (2 min) and the baby was here!! It was a very exciting and emotional moment for me, my mom and Todd. They didn't tell us right off the bat that it was a boy...they had to ask. I was just overwhelmed that the baby was here and even more overwhelmed that it was a BOY!!! It was an amazing feeling to know that that baby was mine. You never know what your emotions are going to be until you are in the midst of the event. The only people left at the hospital were my parents, Todd's parents and my sister. They were all very excited and anxious to see the little man and he was excited to see them!

He has been a great baby (so far)..The first night he slept very well because he was exhausted from all the laboring, pushing and delivering!! He doesn't cry much, loves to be held and loved on and sleeps very well. We had several visitors yesterday at the hospital and Parker got lots of gifts! Mommy and daddy made it through the day thanks to the adrenaline rush from everything. Although when everyone left, we crashed and so did Parker. Today we finally got to leave the hospital. It was great to get home and not have someone checking your vitals every 5 min (at least that is what it seemed like). Parker has had several visitors today and got more gifts! He is already getting spoiled. My mom has come to stay and help out with the little man. I am so thankful for this. Hopefully recovery will go fast. I am trying to take it as easy as possible. He has been asleep on my mom for 2 hrs now. Hopefully he sleeps tonight!!
Parenting is a whole new experience but a WONDERFUL one! I love the way he snuggles and is so sweet. I love that he relies solely on me and Todd for everything. He is a true blessing to us.
Here are the facts from when he was born:

Weight: 6 lbs 7oz
Length: 19.25 in long
Time of delivery: 11:37 pm

Birth Date: February 28, 2010

Enjoy these pictures of the BIG day:


My last picture of the belly before going to the hospital.

Waiting patiently...haha!!

I'm here...YEAH!

Look at the Proud Mommy.


Proud Daddy!We are finally going HOME :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment